Re: [LUG] account software

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 10:16 AM, Alex Mclennan <entu.windsword@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi all,
        some friends of mine run a small post office/shop and are doing there accounts on a spreadsheet,could any one recommend a programme they could use to do their accounts.
cheers alex the noob

There is GNUcash.

http://www.gnucash.org/

Which apparently runs on most platforms. I am not an accountant and have had no personal experience with this program. I think it would still be worth further investigation however...

Also, there was a non-free accounts package that was mentioned, within the last few months, on the mailing list. Perhaps a search of the archive? I think Paul Sutton provided the link.

What OS are they using?

Best wishes
roly :-)