Re: [LUG] Computer recycling

Darn I just deleted the wrong message from "the noob" who is
constructing recycled machines. I freecycled 15 made up out of bits and
pieces all running Xubuntu or Puppy and they all went like a shot as
people only wanted a wordprocessor, browser and email program and my
linux sales pitch along with an unbeatable price meant they bit the
hook.

To the point: I have 3 Fujitsu P4 2.8-3.0ghz slimlines which are more
than just useful but simply don't have ram for them - do you have any of
the circa 1994 ram, think it succeeded sdram but can't remember what it
is called, or was it that sdram succeeded the early noughties ddr ram,
my memory is shot. [What is modern ram called??]

There are only 2 slots so the sticks need to be 1gb to make them really
useful with Ubuntu 10.4 LTS which these machines have enough cpu grunt
to run easily if the programs have a bit of space to scuttle around in.

I'd like to keep these to give to the kids to do things on in the new
garage conversion dining/kids room, where I have setup up a long desk at
one end of the room. They love playing networked games. About time we
got something out of all my assembling of donated bits!