Re: [LUG] next meeting reminder - 12th Jan Achieving A Great Desktop System

On Sat, 8 Jan 2011, Paul Sutton wrote:

Just to remind people that the next meeting (well its a presentation)
details are

"Linux Installation - Achieving A Great Desktop System" - Wednesday 12th
January 2011 - 14:00 to 16:30

I can't find the thread that relates to this however.

First posted by Vivi Griffin on the 19th of November:

"Linux Installation - Achieving A Great Desktop System" - Wednesday 12th
January 2011 - 14:00 to 16:30

Purpose - There is much information available on installing Linux OS's but, installing the OS is only the 1st step (as many of you will be very aware) in achieving a desktop system that meets your day to day as well as less frequent computing requirements. It could be argued that with Linux there is almost too much choice of utilities & software to install and I thought it could be useful to share our experiences of which we have found the most useful & why (also, useful additional repositories to add etc.)

* I realise that we will be possibly using different distros and doing
things in different ways but, learning the different approaches that people
take could be very useful.

Location - 19 Fordlands Road, Moretonhampstead, TQ13 8LR

Gordon