Re: [LUG] torplay centre

>> Guy
>> ----
>> If they're using a spare or obsolete computer, are they likely to need
>> much by way of partitioning?  Do you need a good grounding in
>> partitioning in order to install other mainstream operating systems as
>> the sole operating system?  I think perhaps for absolute beginners,
>> some demo sessions and basic guidance before diving into more
>> technical topics.
>>
>> Grant
>>
> I mentioned it in a bid to consider all likely requests that may come up
> and I take your points - best avoided perhaps.
>
> Guy

I think we are better off doing a demo event to help people with the
installation and then advise as to their needs. but also to demonstrate
what it is we are promoting, e.g ubuntu or which ever. this raises aware
ness of the alternatives.

at that even we could demo how to boot into a live cd only and how to
get out of it, may be obvious but demo anyway so they can safely shut
down remove cd and return to which ever system that are running on their
hard disk,  perhaps do this during the event.

keep it short and to the point, don't cover too much, have a q&a session
and see what people want from any subsequent sessions. e.g install help,
then take it from there.

Paul

--

Paul Sutton Cert SLPS (Open)
http://www.zleap.net

17th September 2011 - Software freedom day