Re: [LUG] The 'Tron' meeting

On 30/12/10 18:45, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Thu, 30 Dec 2010, Gordon Henderson wrote:

On Wed, 29 Dec 2010, Nick Roach wrote:

OK, Paul and I have made the decision, we will go for the 13.50 showing,
meet up at the cinema at 13.30.

I still feel like death warmed up, but if I can get out of my bed by
lunchtime I'll try to pop down.

I dragged myself out of my deathbed to join Paul and Nick - and quite
enjoyed the film! The 3D effects weren't too overdone either. Lots of CG
eye candy, but that was to be expected - and a few 80's music tracks
too, for those of us old enough to remember :)

Gordon

I went to see it in 2D on the wife's birthday, still thought it was an enjoyable film. I was trying to figure out though if the commands he put it on the computer were actually on MacOS X rather than Linux.

Another film which has lots of Linux mentions is The Social Network. There's a fair few machines which are running what looks like a KDE3 desktop and they mention Linux a few times when discussing servers that they need.

Rob