Re: [LUG] Mint 10 DVD recording problems

Do you make an ISO file on the Hard disk first? or Just write direct to
a DVD?
And are you copying the ISO to the Disk or making a Disk from the ISO?

If you have a USB stick try UNetbootin with the ISO and see if that
works
Its quick (installs in seconds and is a very useful tool to  have.

You can Install Mint from this USB just like a DVD.

On Tue, 2010-12-28 at 12:59 +0000, Rob Beard wrote:
> On 28/12/10 12:31, L Smith wrote:
> > When I write image files to a DVD-R there is a problem in the process
> > which is resulting in files being unreadable.
> >
> > After finalising the disk, disk recorder then writes checksums to the
> > disk before finishing recording, which is I think the cause of the
> > problem ... any suggestions on a cure?
> >
> > LS
> >

> Actually it calculates checksums of the disc which is written and
> compares them to the checksum of the image it created before burning.
>
> (When you click burn it creates a checksum of the files which it is
> burning, then it has burnt, it creates a checksum of the disc, it
> doesn't write anything to the disk as it's finalised, which means it's
> finished writing the disc, it then compares the checksums of what it was
> writing with what it has written).
>
> Two suggestions I can think of are try some different media and also try
> a different DVD burner application other than Brassero (which is what is
> the default in Gnome).
>
> Maybe try K3B, it's a KDE app but it works fine on Gnome (so it'll work
> fine on Mint, Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, Suse etc).
>
> Rob

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub)