Re: [LUG] accounts package for linux

On 27/12/2010 18:34, Rob Beard wrote:

> However I'm not sure how good it is as I've never used it
QUOTE
* Basic for pure, high speed, fully editable bookkeeping
    * Professional for those also needing invoicing and customer management
    * Enterprise for those who also need purchase order and supplier
management
UNQUOTE

If basic does not allow invoicing, it does not meet HMRC standards to
allocate unique reference to all invoices and these be unchangeable (can
void and re enter as a new invoice but not change invoice number or
original entry).
HMRC anti- false accounting stance is why approved packages auto number
invoices and payments

I assume basic will do 'cash book accounting' (General Ledger)and
Professional will do "HMRC accrual accounts" (Adds sales and invoice
ledger) then next step adds purchasing ledger.

I would expect all these General, Sales (invoicing)and Purchasing with
VAT extracts in a 'basic' accounts package.

--
Regards
Eion MacDonald