Re: [LUG] External hard drives

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010, tom wrote:

Does anyone know of a NFS driver for windows? With LDAP and NFS/SMB/ I guess an SME could easily save a few £K by ditching windows servers completely.

Linux + Samba works well - not sure about LDAP, it's in my "here be dragons" department for now as I've utterly no need for it (and could never work out what it was for either).

As for NFS - Many (18?) years ago I used DOS PCs with an NFS driver to mount drives off Sun file servers... What happened to it? It was easy to setup - just a little batch file or something like that

Gordon