Re: [LUG] Rsync External USB Drive

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010, Gibbs wrote:

I want to sync a load of directories when a specific USB drive is plugged in to an Ubuntu server. How can I run rsync when the drive is plugged in (automatically)? I've looked online but they all seem to be manual methods so I'm hoping that it's possible to trigger commands when things are mounted...

I know I'm old fashioned, but I think there's value in still doing stuff like this the old way - ie. from the command-line. At least then you know what's happening, know if it's worked, or not and can make sure it's unmounted before unplugging it ...

Well, it works for me, anyway...

Gordon