Re: [LUG] New Server anyone? (Cheap, HP!)

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010, tom wrote:

On 15/12/10 08:58, Gordon Henderson wrote:

http://www.it247.com/product/1/COMSUK23/612275-421-HP-ProLiant-MicroServer-Dual-Core-1-3Ghz-AMD-Athlon-II.html#
Looks like a pretty good deal if you follow up the cash back offer too.

I guess that means that windoze really costs £100 .....
Its almost tempting but I can upgrade one of my current boxes to twice the power for 1/2 the price...

What kind of power?

For a small office/home server you don't need CPU power but you also don't need electrical power. This is reported at running at about 45 watts. Is that better than upgrading a 5 year old power sucker for a home server?

Gordon