Re: [LUG] re Firefox problems

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010, tom wrote:

On 15/12/10 08:47, george parker wrote:

On Tuesday 14 December 2010, tom wrote:

> Upgraded to Ubu 10.10 and all is happy with the world.

What version of firefox does that give you Tom?

The same as the last one that was crapping out!

Why not give up with the bundled one and get the latest directly off the http://www.mozilla.com/ site? That's what I've been doing with Debian forever... Currently running 2.6.13 without any "vendor" supplied added extras into it (other than my own choice of plugins, AdBlock+, FlashBlocker and readibility)

Gordon