[LUG] Rennes (Exeter's twin city) open data use competition

>From a healthcare list:

"...Rennes, France ... local authorities are very keen on making more of their public, non nominative, non confidential, datasets.

The city council has organised a contest [1] opened to anyone to create innovative applications using those public datasets.

Recently, the city also hosted a European event [2] on how OpenData is being implemented elsewhere in Europe. The conference was a real success and demonstrated the interest of various economical and institutional actors.

... not aware of the current status of healthcare and the various open movements (at least since the Spirit and PICNIC projects) but I'd be interested to get feedback or pointers of OpenData and healthcare. I think there is an opportunity right there to also let the public get more information of the field.

Cheers,
- Sylvain

[1] http://www.data.rennes-metropole.fr/fr/le-concours.html (French only)
[2] http://www.epsiplus.net/news/events/opendata_and_re_use (English/French)