Re: [LUG] VAT<>New Year Discounts

 On 06/12/2010 10:02, tom wrote:
I have been forced by wobbly screens,loose power supply leads and bloated software (netbeans) to get a new laptop. Do I buy before VAT goes up or are the new year discounts going to more than make up for it.
I will not hold anyone liable for advice or pointers...honest
Tom te tom te tom

I would have thought the sales would make up for the increase:

£100 ex VAT now costs £117.50 and will go up to £120, however sales tend to be around 20% which would be £96, so you're still making a saving. In a nutshell VAT is going up 2.5% but I've never seen a sale where the discount is anything close to that low.

Kind regards,

Julian