Re: [LUG] computer for displaying information on a tv

On 05/12/10 12:51, Paul Sutton wrote:
> i need to set up a old p2 computer to display information on a tv at
> the rugby club,  i am guessing there may be a few issues
>
> 1. how do you get round it needing a keyboard, as the bios will simply
> complain there is no keyboard attached
Well, turn off that feature in the BIOS..

> 2. what is the best way to do this
Get a video card that has TV output.. or an adaptor cable.. (Or a screen
that has VGA input, or perhaps a wall mountable TFT)

> i guess x + iphompress would do the job, and allow both  photos and
> text to be displayed however this seems rather overkill.
>

> text
> photos

Why not do this with a web page ?

> any ideas welcome, esp with regard to low spec distributions.
Xubuntu + FireFox

> paul

I am doing similar with work at the moment.. drop me a line if you need
specifics..