Re: [LUG] Scsi Scanners and incompatibility

Hello Kevin

I bought a second-hand CanoScan 2700F with SCSI card and D-type (and an optional parallel) cable for this purpose - invisible under Sane but works with VueScan, see:

http://www.hamrick.com/

The website should show you if it works also with a Coolscan - they list quite a wide range of scanners. Unfortunately VueScan is non-free (and costs US$40) but it is Linux-friendly. Their website is also promising Sane integration in the next version.

HTH

Rod

--

Rod Sheaff