Re: [LUG] ubuntu preferences menu misbehaving

On Tue, 2010-11-23 at 08:05 +0000, tom wrote:

> Not sure which app your looking for now
> Have you tried a reinstall from synaptic or wherever?
I did sudo apt-get install systemsettings as it said I didn't have it.
During install it said it had been deselected. Synaptic is not working
at the moment. It started to fail during assembly of apt-cacher-ng which
fault continues after a purge and reinstall.

System settings now offers:
appearance and notifications;
default applications and regional and langauge;
network settings;
add and remove software and multimedia.

That's all.

Advanced offers 6 apps.

laptop has in addition, in order
desktop and window behaviour
about me and accessibility
sharing
date and time; display; font installer; input actions; keyboard and
mouse and printer configuration

advanced has 19 apps.

It would be nice to get them all back. I did look at systemsettings
--help with no luck. There is no man page. I use ubuntu rather than
kubuntu.

Thanks

James

--