Re: [LUG] Ubuntu install day at Exwick on 18th December

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010, Rob Beard wrote:

Hi folks,

Rick Timmis has asked if we would be interested in an Ubuntu Install Day on 18th December?

I don't know much about the details so far but I gather there is some big local event on at the Exwick Community Centre on that day so he thought it might be a good me to do install day.

I thought I'd mention it, I have a feeling that I might be busy on that day being so close to Christmas.

I also wonder if it could be worth doing a demo day rather than install Day and then follow it up with an install Day in the new year?

What does everyone think?

Demo better than Install. Installs are boring and time consuming unless you know what you're doing and know the hardware (See Vivi's post!)

Gordon