Re: [LUG] Ubuntu install day at Exwick on 18th December

On 16/11/10 11:57, Rob Beard wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Rick Timmis has asked if we would be interested in an Ubuntu Install Day
> on 18th December?
>
> I don't know much about the details so far but I gather there is some
> big local event on at the Exwick Community Centre on that day so he
> thought it might be a good me to do install day.
>
> I thought I'd mention it, I have a feeling that I might be busy on that
> day being so close to Christmas.
>
> I also wonder if it could be worth doing a demo day rather than install
> Day and then follow it up with an install Day in the new year?
>
> What does everyone think?
>
> Rob

could be,  however being so close to christmas is anyone going to
actually attend people who this is aimed at are going to be busy and may
not take it all in.

Would it not be better to do this in 2011, and have demo day, install
day and a talk by viv (see previous thread) on one of those days. if we
co-ordinate this so its not every week but 1 weekend a month as I am
guessing we will need some sort of follow up / trouble shooting work
shops for several months after if we offer them then people know there
will be support.

if we advertise properly then people may be getting new computers for
christmas which means they may have an older PC that we can install
linux on for them.

Also gives us more time to plan,

I will have about 60 copies of ubuntu 10.10 on the day,  btw,  I ordered
100 but 40 of those are taken as Tom and Neil want some.

Paul