Re: [LUG] Holsworthy meeting 20th November

On 15/11/10 19:11, Paul Sutton wrote:
On 15/11/10 14:54, John wrote:
On Mon, 2010-11-15 at 12:44 +0000, Neil Winchurst wrote:
Two things. There is a meeting of the Holsworthy group due next
Saturday. However I have just realised that it is also the date for the
Holsworthy carnival day.

One outcome of that is that the roads into Holsworthy are closed from
2.45 until 4.30 pm. The meeting is due to start as usual at 2.0 pm.

It may be difficult to find room in the car park too. I don't know for
sure as we always walk into town on carnival day.

Anyway, if the general feeling is that we should cancel or postpone the
meeting please let me know.

The third Saturday in December will be the 18th. A bit near Christmas?
What do people think?

Neil

I don't go into town on carnival day, period.

Just move it on a week? Thats preferable rather than wait another month.

I don't imagine the pub would have a problem would they ?

The week after is the 27th there is a meeting in exeter on that day so
there would be a clash unless you want to join us all in exeter of course :)

Does it matter if there's a clash? Some of us from South Devon might not fancy travelling up to North Devon and some of the folks in North Devon might not want to travel to South Devon. :-)

It's not the end of the world if two LUG meetings happen on the same day. I dare say we'd go to whichever is the closest generally.

Rob