Re: [LUG] Firestarter on Debian

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010, Henry Bremridge wrote:

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 01:02:49PM +0000, Gordon Henderson wrote:

I can not envisage any instances where my wife would ever want to
change the firewall on our home system - what are you/she trying to
achieve?

Ah: I have installed SugarCRM on the server (ie my old desktop) and while I
can access the database, my wife cannot. Not really sure why as I thought
that she had free access. Certainly does on the command line

Anyway let me try out the suggestions

Is the server acting as your Internet gateway? ie. is it visible from the outside? (or do you port-forward into it?)

If it's purely internal, I'd probably not bother with a firewall at all...

Gordon