Re: [LUG] Ubuntu 11.04 will use Unity as the default desktop

On 29/10/10 22:42, Roland Tarver wrote:
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/10/ubuntu-11-04-unity-default-desktop/

In his keynote address at the Ubuntu Developer Summit Mark
Shuttleworth has announced that Ubuntu 11.04 will use a new desktop
version of Unity for the default desktop environment....

For those interested in Ubuntu developments.

Roly :-)

Well I had to set "Desktop" as the default session on my mums netbook as it was so damn slow and quirky in Ubuntu 10.10. I got really lost in the Unity file browser too. It's a file browser that looks nice but hey, you cant actually do anything in it... It showed files but that was it.

It will be interesting but, for example, the current environment is perfect for me at work on a low spec setup. As I said, interesting, but there will have to be a lot of developments for it to work on the desktop. I'm used to just updating for the sake of it (I know that's not good) but I'll hold back on 11.04, especially my work computer :P

Gibbs