Re: [LUG] Yet again Torbay Council show their true beurocratic colours

On Sat, 2010-10-23 at 21:13 +0100, Rob Beard wrote:
> On 23/10/10 13:40, Roland Tarver wrote:

> >> Yes, but if we all left our hedge trimmers at home, what fun would a
> >> GLUG meeting be?
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> > I am a little out of touch with your library dealings Tom. Annoying
> > though it is, can we not just take battery powered laptops? I think
> > most net books last at least 4 hours these days?
> >

> Um... not much good if your laptop battery only lasts 5 minutes (like mine!)
>
> > Once in the building we can just plug our laptops in anyway. (if we need to?)
>
> I think the issue is exactly this, we can't.  They might also have a
> thing to say about our 4 gangs and cables trailing across the floor.
>
> > It seems to be be such a great venue in terms of what is available for
> > us. Like I said I am out of touch with the most recent discussions
> > about costs.
>
> I seem to remember Tom saying we'd need insurance (at what about Â150 a
> year?) and pay per hour if we're hiring a room.  Heck we didn't even
> have this hassle at the Paignton Innovation Centre (who still haven't
> billed me!).
>
> >   I seem to remember they came back to you and increased the cost above
> > their published price list. (Which seems completely wrong and the
> > should be held to the "quotation" (price list) advertised.) But hey
> > thats just me. lol.
>
> Yep, I agree with this.
>
> > Well done for your continued efforts (head aches)
>
> Yep, Tom seems to have more patience than I do.  I see how frustrating
> it is though.

Not for much longer !!!!!
Im built of corbamite .... any bureaucratic action taken against me will
be reflected with equal force back into the path of the source.....

Henry any comments of preparing a FOI request to Torbay Council to find
out how much they spent on PAT testing price per unit tested? ... My bet
is that it will come out at more than Â2 in which case her off the cuff
remark will look very ... very .. silly.

Tom.