Re: [LUG] FLOSS Manuals

On Wed, 2010-10-20 at 23:28 +0100, Roland Tarver wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 8:20 PM, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I came across this while browsing another FLOSS site and I thought it might
> > be of some use...
> >
> > http://en.flossmanuals.net/
> >
> > It's all HTML based online but there is an option to create a PDF for those
> > who want to.
> >
> > I've just had a quick look at two of the manuals (MPlayer and Inkscape) and
> > they look pretty good, especially the Inkscape one... Roly, you might want
> > to tell your lecturer about it!

Speaking of Inkscape tutorials I happened across some tutorial/lessons
that Marin someoneorother did online, I learnt quite a bit from those
about the basic usage from scratch.

I don't have time to google just now, and I expect if your interested
you can find them easy enough. Marin does usability testing for Gnome I
believe and has quite a big blog. The lessons are scattered through it a
bit but I do have them saved locally in Toms fave format..
PDF... /giggle

--
John
http://subbass.blogspot.com/