Re: [LUG] Kepler

tom wrote:
> Reflection is a way of objects/classes/functions telling you what you
> need to feed them to make them work. So you could 'drag' a library
> into the program and utilise it 'safely'. So you could write code
> without writing a line of code - just (say) drag an internet
> connection onto the page, set the port, send it a URL via its input
> port, connect the output to a web service handler etc etc take the
> output from the web service handler and sort it and get a nice disply
> of them rugby results to find out what Launceston RFC did at the
> weekend without having to download 2meg of flash cos some nut has
> hacked their website and got payed for it!
> All with a mouse!
> Tom te tom te tom

Nice! As I said, most of the Taverna stuff is for bioinfomatics but no
reason it couldn't do that if the service components exist. Not sure
about Kepler but the Taverna people did a demo of a cloud based version
for doing some serious genomics processing
(http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=4CA0A897.3050408%40cs.man.ac.uk).

Cheers,

Pete