Re: [LUG] auto creating fstab

On 30/09/10 19:44, kevin wrote:
Use as root "mount -a" instead of a reboot
doesnt always seem to get smb and ntfs shares working properly again
Tom te tom te tom
I have had trouble after going from Fedora8 to Mint 9 with a new PC
Mint looks at the type of device and also the associated app and decides
on how the device should be "mounted".
For example I used CD/DVD creator in Fedora on a regular job reproducing
DVDs from a Master for a customer. In mint the Master Dvd is never
mounted as it's a block device, but it will play as a DVD when the right
app is opened.  This confused me for a while until I realised if I just
us the right App ie K3b.  It shows the Master and blank disks where
Nautilus doesn't. So I have learnt that when moving forward to a new
setup don't try to make the old stuff work as is as I too could have
spent needless time forcing fstab to do what the system does on it's
own!