Re: [LUG] Who does Linux work?

On 30/09/10 19:15, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Thu, 30 Sep 2010, Grant Sewell wrote:

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 12:28:28 +0100 (BST)
Gordon Henderson wrote:

By that I mean who on the list actually runs a business selling or
maintaining Linux boxes/laptops for punters?

Reason I ask is that I've just had a call from one of my VoIP
resellers who also do PC repairs (www.pcsouthwest.co.uk) who've just
had someone walk in with a broken Linux laptop.. (boots Linux, won't
mount root - t's Ubuntu) I'm not in a position to help myself (got
too much to do today & tomorow!) so I did point him in the direction
of a list member (Hi Rob), and said he could come along on Saturday -
however there's not much on the website about who to look for for
paid help...

Any clues?

If it could be got down to Plymouth, I'd happily have a look at it.

I don't have details of the chap - He went into PC SouthWest who is a
reseller of my VoIP stuff and they called me.. The only person off the
top of my head I could think of was Rob, so I passed on his details -
however I suspect he'll turn up at the meet on Saturday.

The background is that his (business?) partner set it up for him 2 years
ago - however he's based in France, so not much help...

Gordon

I've spoken to the guy this evening, he's going to try and come along to the LUG meeting on Saturday so hopefully we'll be able to get him up and running between us.

Rob