Re: [LUG] Devon pretends to listen

On 27/09/10 23:59, Rob Beard wrote:
> On 27/09/10 22:48, Grant Sewell wrote:
>>
>> Exeter has its own City Council and is still listed.
>>
>> Grant.
>>

> Has that gone through yet?
>
> Rob

Exeter City Council were going to go from borough council to unitary
status. However after the preliminary meetings the election was
announced and the final decision was put on hold (as I understand it).

Given the economic situation, I would hope that common sense would
postpone it at least until the economy is in better shape, but we are
talking public sector here. Being involved in Torbay Unitary for 10
years I seriously doubt that the unitary model works for small
geographical areas, it was a great experiment but with limited resources
it just dilutes effort.

Tom.