Re: [LUG] Neo Freerunner

Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Wed, 22 Sep 2010, David Vanstone wrote:

tom wrote:
On 22/09/10 14:43, David Vanstone wrote:
The Neo freerunner, anyone had experience with this phone? I know its old now, but its usb host functionality and ARM processor seems like it could be quite a bit of use :D

http://arstechnica.com/hardware/news/2008/07/open-moko-software.ars

ps Tom, could this be a partial answer to you phone u were on about at the Holsoworthy meet? USB host=roll up keyboard haha

How clever - round the top and bottom so it will fall out of your pocket at the first available opportunity - if it aint lost in the furniture first!
Tom te tom te tom

Ha, jus after the post, i forgot to mention the n900 and what it can do :P agreed about the shape of it but i think there is potential.

It's a couple of years old now and I was under the impression it has more or less died a death due to not enough people buying hardware at the time...

However, as an N900 owner, I've no desire to change... :-)

Maemo, Meego, Moko ... Mmmmm what to choose!

Looks like you might actualyl be able to buy one though:

https://www.truebox.co.uk/trueboxportal/index.php?wk=Shop&thiscat=8

Gordon

Yeah knew it was old... but still damn expensive!
now looking at contract deals on the n900 lol

Dave