Re: [LUG] Steam is coming to Linux

Grant Sewell wrote:
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 18:27:02 +0100
David Vanstone wrote:

Rob Beard wrote:
Hi folks,

Apologies if this has already been posted, but I thought it was a pretty big thing especially for gamers.

It appears Valve a games developer behind the Source Engine (a game engine) and Steam game download service are bringing both the
Source Engine and Steam to Linux.

From what I've read in the past, Steam is one of those things that keeps some gamers from ditching Windows altogether.

There's more on the Phoronix web site here:

http://tinyurl.com/steam-linux-article

Rob

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/23/valve-denies-having-a-linux-version-of-steam-in-the-works/

Unfortunately not... "apparently" lol

Dave

I'm getting a distinct "SchrÃdinger's cat" feeling about this... it is
simultaneously both "being developed" and "not being developed" and we
won't know for certain which is true until we observe it [at some later
date].

Grant.

SchrÃdinger's cat!! Love it!  I'm agreeing with u totally!

Dave