Re: [LUG] Software Freedom Day

tom brough wrote:
[snip]
> The time to be patient has been and gone...
> The time to be disappointed has been and gone...
> The time to be frustrated has been and gone...
> The time to be upset and angry has been and gone...
>
> Is it not time that the apathy was gone too?
>
> I'm very sorry to "kick off" like this but it is the only way left to me
> to convey my feelings. If this has angered, upset, infuriated  or
> stirred you up, then I make no apologies. Now go and use that feeling
> not to flame me but to commit here and now to doing something (big or
> small) on SFD 2011.
>
> In your own as well as others interests .... Make a commitment to this
> community and to SFD 2011.

Tom, my advice is to just do it, don't wait for others to rally (you may
wait forever), don't get emotional that they won't rally (easy said than
done but its a waste of energy that could be spent on SFD). Organise and
do an SFD event for 2011 as if you are going to be the only one doing it
all. Then if others do come through with helping out then its a pleasant
surprise. I was Team Leader of SFD2010 in Manchester so if you need any
other advice or help drop me an email.

Be free,
Mike.

> Tom.
>
> SFD 2011 Armchair Activists need not apply......

They will do! :)