Re: [LUG] 64 bit

On 17/09/10 20:01, Dan Dart wrote:
Some core 2s don't support VT.
And nor do Atoms, and they're still sold!

I know, my Core 2 Duo doesn't support Intel-VT, neither does the wife's Pentium Dual-Core E2180. I believe my AMD Athlon X2 3800+ does though.

Still runs quick enough for the little bit of virtualisation with Virtual Box though. :-)

I suppose eventually when I re-build my desktop I'll probably go down the 64-Bit route again, get a Phenom of some description (probably only an Phenom II X3) and virtualise things on there.

Rob