Re: [LUG] Linux installations from MS that "stuck"

On Wed, 2010-09-15 at 08:58 +0100, David Vanstone wrote:
Hi
Just a quick question, how many people do you think you have all
converted from MS to Linux? And then how many people have moved back??
What was the reason for them moving back?

I'm just interested as out of all my installs, the ones that wanted MS
back all wanted one thing... Itunes!

My son was quite happy with Ubuntu & OpenOffice until he got an iPod. Even then, he managed to run iTunes in a WinXP VMware box until an iTunes upgrade broke it. He now runs Win7 solely because of iTunes.

All my "business" converts (about 20) have stuck.

I know a couple of Windows users who don't use iTunes but run an alternative (not sure what it's called).

Martin