[LUG] Octobers Meeting...

So it seems we're having issues here, South of Dartmoor finding a stable meeting place, so I've suggested meeting at my house for October and a few have indicated that that's OK, so ...

Saturday the 2nd of October at my house in Buckfastleigh from 2pm to 6pm. I'll post address and directions shortly, but it's relatively easy from the A38 - busses from Exeter and Plymouth way (The X38), train is a bit harder as it's to Totnes, then you either get a bus or try the steam train to Buckfastleigh. Car is easier - it's < 5 minutes from the A38 but there are pay & display car parks (it's 70p for up to 4 hours)

Table space for computers, etc. available in the dining room, more casual laptops in the livingroom, a light buffet in the kitchen. (pizza, tea, coffee, water, or BYO :)

(And if you're very lucky wifey might do some baking - http://www.moorbakes.co.uk/ )

Space for about 12 people with kit. Maybe a few more if we spread aout a bit.

Wi-Fi and wired connections.

If it works OK, I might be happy to run it again, but we might need to think about alternatives - Paul & Roly have checked out Paignton Library - it's good but £12 an hour - and there are other paid-for places (e.g. South Devon College, *everyones* local town-hall) in a similar price bracket - and if we do end up with a paid-for place, a suggestion I had was to have someone on the list who runs a business "sponsor" the bulk of the event in return for a 15-minute talk about their business and how they use open source, etc. However...

Gordon