[LUG] Debian Testing, localhost:631 and update problem

Bought a new printer (HP laserjet 1102w) and basically ended up booting up
windows to install the damn thing.

Two problems:

1)  After installing hplip from the debian mirrors, I found I could not
    access localhost:631 for some reason.

    Tried both in elinks and in firefox

    cupsd is however running and I can print to my old printer

2)  Coincidentally on trying to update the computer I find that I can not
    install libqtgui4 (Hash sum mismatch). Bugs have been filed by others
    (595999)

Much appreciated if anyone can help:

a)  Are these related?

b)  If they are not related, can someone point out how I can update my cups
    settings to install the new printer

Many thanks

--
Henry
Photocopies or faxes of my signature are not binding.