[LUG] Open Source - adoption of ODF from the centre

You may remember that I posted an article about a councilor wishing to
adopt open standards but needing central government "seal of approval".
I sent a copy to Adrian Saunders for information.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2010/aug/26/local-government-spending-open-standards-saving

I can't really post his (full) reply here because its in confidence, but
I can say that he is tabling a question with the minister for the
cabinet. Not sure about dates, but hopefully Adrian will reply when he
gets the answer.

He also came back with this:

http://www.ogc.gov.uk/documents/CP0041OpenSourceSoftwareTrialReport.pdf

Which I haven't checked out yet.