Re: [LUG] creative commons license

On 31/08/10 11:47, Philip Whateley wrote:
On Tue, 2010-08-31 at 11:07 +0100, Paul Sutton wrote:
Hi

With regard to releasing photos as creative commons should I embed the
appropriate a cretive commons logo on each photo so people know its
released under that license.

so for example looking at the following

http://creativecommons.org/choose/results-one?q_1=2&q_1=1&field_commercial=yes&field_derivatives=sa&field_jurisdiction=&field_format=&field_worktitle=&field_attribute_to_name=&field_attribute_to_url=&field_sourceurl=&field_morepermissionsurl=&lang=en_GB&language=en_GB&n_questions=3

do I just put the grey logo thing on each photo.? or do I also need to
put my name and e-mail so the copyright (or is this copy left) owner is
named and contactable (the license thing does mention something about
being able to get in touch with the original creator for questions
regarding usage of the work)

I will be taking photos of Paignton rfc this year and want to ensure
that any photos used on their website I get proper credit (attribution)
for,

I tried to create a mini water mark thing consisting of a graphic
withthe cretive commones logo (the one you get when you select a
license) along with my name,

I am really not sure how to do this, or how to create a decent graphic
with the right information on.

As I will be burning the photos on a cd,  is the alternative to put a
copy of the license in the root of the cd structure.  and perhaps create
a cd label with the grey logo thing on it,

I know there are a few experts on the list so perhaps they can advise.

Paul

--
Next Paignton meeting - Saturday 7th September 2010 - 3pm Lighthouse,
Paignton, NOTE - to be confirmed

SOFTWARE FREEDOM DAY 2010
SATURDAY 18th SEPTEMBER 2010  - LIGHTHOUSE, PAIGNTON

Gimp has a filter called bump map which might be of interest. I think
that you would just need to add a layer and put text or image in that
layer. The filter then creates a transparent pseudo-relief of the text
or logo.

Not used it myself though.

Probably something similar in imagemagik if you want to script it, but
you might have difficulty locating the logo away from areas of interest.

Phil

Also see this (today only possibly)
http://debarshiray.wordpress.com/
Tom te tom te tom