Re: [LUG] Android

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010, Neil Stone wrote:

On 29/08/10 08:43, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Sat, 28 Aug 2010, Dan Dart wrote:

On 28 August 2010 22:35, Neil Stone <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Would anyone on the list be interested in an Android powered tablet
PC ?

I've got one which is a Joggler.

You've got something that weighs 2 kilos with a power cord attached
... That runs Android.

Not exactly a tablet PC!

However wifey's just bought herself a shiney new HTC Desire (Android
2.2) and I have to say... it is very desirable! I still like the
keyboard on my Nokia N900, but if it weren't for that, I'd almost be
tempted with one!

So what's the deal, Neil?

Gordon

10.2" Google Android 2.1 wifi Epad 1Ghz CPU High speed
CPU ZenithinkZT108.1.0Ghz
Operation system Google ANDRIOD2.1
Memory 256M RAM
Storage Device 2GB NAND Flash Optional 4GB-32G
LCD Size: 10.2 inch TFT LCD with resistance touch screen, single point
touch (resistive)
Touch screen resistive
Resolution 1024*600 Pixels
Camera: USB camera
Battery type Rechargeable polymer battery,2400mAH,7.4V
USB:  2*USB
Speaker YES
SD card 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED? network connection
3G module: USB 3G
WIFI marvel8686 SDIO 802.11b/gI/O ports TF card, U disk,RJ-45,DC in, Ear
phone
Multimedia video 1080P  MP4,1080P  AVI(XVID,H.263,DIVX),1080P
MKV,1080P  3GP,1080P  RMVB .RM,
Music MP3/WMA/AAC/AAC+/WAV
On line chat MSN/QQ/SKYPE/GTALK/LUMAQQ/ICQ
E-book PDF/TXT/CHM/DOC/EXCEL
PIC JPEG/GIF
Product size 270*180*15mm
colors black and white
Weight 900g

OK. This is the ZT-180, right?

And you know someone who's got a pallet-load to offload ;-)

Seems to be getting mixed reviews - retailling for $199 or about £179.

http://www.thecheaplaptops.co.uk/touch-screen-tablet-umpc-apad-netbook-android-p-414.html
http://hiapad.com/?p=380&lang=all

Still a bit pricey for a toy for me - I'll stick to the AAO for now!

Gordon