Re: [LUG] Connectors...Re: New Setup Ideas

On 29/08/10 09:31, tom wrote:
All this talk of new pc has got me coveting my neighbours AMD...
Rather than shell out for everything I've got a couple of ATX
mini-towers and was wondering if I can just drop in a miniATX mboard or
do I need new connectors/power supply
Tom te tom te tom

You should be able to drop a board straight in, but you may need a new PSU, or a PSU adaptor as the newer boards have an extra 4 pins on the ATX power connector (not to be confused with the 4 pin 12V power connector). You can get adaptors for a couple of quid but then it could be just as easy to buy a new PSU for about £10 to £15 ish.

Rob