[LUG] 0 A.D. game gets an Alpha build

Hi folks,

I've just seen this on Phoronix and thought it might be interesting especially for the gamers out there...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODUyNQ

I gather 0 A.D. was in development for about 10 years and didn't make enough progress for a stable release so the developers decided to release the source code under GPL 2 and the game content under a creative commons license.

Now it looks like an Alpha build is available for Linux, Windows and Mac.

It's probably not going to be something that I'd offer to a general Windows user, but it looks promising anyway.

The Wiki says "Warning: The game is currently under heavy development, and many features are currently missing. This release is an alpha version, not a completed playable game".

Saying that I'm also interested to see what will come of the open sourcing of the Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory and Return To Castle Wolfenstein games under the GPL (I gather it's just the source so you'd either need the games to run, as per DOOM with the requirements for the WADs) or a free alternative (like FreeDoom).

Rob