Re: [LUG] OT: 64bit Flash Player

 On 20/08/2010 17:53, Simon Waters wrote:
Julian Hall wrote:

Adobe are dragging their feet over producing a 64bit Flash Player.

4+ years - hey I've not updated software for that long, although if I had an umpteen billion pound software company paying me it might have been quicker.

Anyone know of a third party alternative browser addon? I'd prefer not to have to keep swapping between a 32bit and 64bit browser just because they can't get their act together.

Gnash - sure it sucks in places. Get the very latest and contribute back bug reports if you have to.

Try not to use flash, something like NoScript will mean you only runs the bits of flash you want to, so less chance of the bugs annoying you.

YMMV

 Simon

I would try not to use it, but too many sites these days are Flash heavy or even worse - Flash only - unfortunately sometime simply boycotting them is not an option.

Julian