Re: [LUG] Linux Retailers

On 17/08/10 23:18, Rob Beard wrote:
On 17/08/10 22:09, Chris Bunney wrote:

A typo in the address, should be "Naked Computers" rather than "Naked
Compute", hence: http://nakedcomputers.org/

Chris

Yep, that's what I get for trying to type an e-mail when walking down
the stairs on a moving double decker bus :-)

I've not extensively looked at the site but I gather there are a variety
of suppliers on there who offer desktops and laptops without an OS, or
with Linux installed.

Oh, and just having a quick look now, I've decided I'm not going to buy
a Toshiba (ever)...

"Quality Seal
Importants Notice: TOSHIBA Corporation (TOSHIBA) and/or its subsidiaries
currently sell personal computers with pre-installed Microsoft operating
system as computing solution. Please note, notwithstanding anything to
the contrary in the documentation accompanying your computer, TOSHIBA
and/or its subsidiaries do not accept the return of component parts or
bundled software, which have been removed from the PC System. Pro-rata
refunds on individual components or bundled software, including the
operating system, will not be granted."

Rob

My local computer shop owner has already warned me to avoid Toshiba for anything to do with computing. (He knows that I use Linux.)

Neil