Re: [LUG] OT: 8 port ADSL router recommendation

 On 16/08/2010 12:07, Simon Waters wrote:
Want a router that can handle 8 public IP addresses (IPv4), and ideally one with 8 ethernet ports (but not essential) so that most of them can be kept separate physically.

One of these ports will have NAT on, but likely the firewalling and hence that NAT will be done with a GNU/Linux box. So that is not the routers problem.

Idea is an Office network, and a selection of exposed or DMZ boxes.

I can do the networking many ways.

But ideally I'd have an ADSL router with good status reporting, good traffic shaping, ideally a little bit of traffic monitoring.

Failing that any solid router than accepts 8 IP addresses and will forward them on to my firewall. And any reasons for recommendation.

Wireless - not needed.
IPv6 support desirable.

http://www.practicalpc.co.uk/reviews/hard/networking/netgear-dgfv338.htm

Not used one, but Netgear is known good quality :)

Julian