Re: [LUG] Todays meeting ...

On 07/08/10 20:17, Grant Sewell wrote:
On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 16:08:37 +0100 (BST)
Gordon Henderson wrote:

... in the Rugby&  Crikkit club:

    http://unicorn.drogon.net/20100807_001.jpg

Laptops, wifi via 3G, etc...

Gordon

Can I make a minor suggestion... next time a meeting is arranged in one
place and then moved to somewhere else at the last minute, by all means
put a sign in the window of the first establishment but please also
include a map or directions to the second!  I spent a good hour
wandering around not knowing where the rugby club was!  (And for some
reason my phone refused to connect to t'Internet in Paignton despite
having full HSxPA signal and being restarted twice!).

Still, had fun at the regatta.

Grant.

Sorry about this Grant, it was a really last minute thing. Basically we'd pre-arranged the meeting at the Lighthouse and no one in charge from the Lighthouse bothered to turn up (or answer their phones!).

In hindsight one of us should have put our mobile number on the sign, at least that way we would have been contactable.

If it's any help, if you do plan on making the next meeting, I'd be happy to give you my mobile number, then if something unforeseen happens or you can't find the venue you can give me a call/text, chances are I'd be at the LUG meeting anyway (I make at least 10 out of 12 in Paignton) and even if I wasn't there for any reason I'd be able to get hold of someone who was.

Rob