[LUG] Fwd: Virgin Media in Canvas complaint

'Virgin Media has lodged a complaint with Ofcom, aimed at halting the BBC-backed video-on-demand service Project Canvas.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10850465

I'd have thought the ISPs would have concerns given that merging broadcast quality TV even more with broadband will cause an even bigger explosion in bandwidth than we already have. Also Canvas is forgetting - make that ignoring - the ISPs' Fair Use Policies and traffic shaping. One hour of standard definition is about 700Mb, HD is about 1Gb - a few hours of that and many users will max out their monthly cap.

Julian