Re: [LUG] Fwd: UK 'misled' on broadband speeds

 On 28/07/2010 10:02, Gordon Henderson wrote:
droids get away with misrepresenting broadband and phones - BT have been reported in the past to tell punters that they can only get BT
In the ISP I used to work for we had customers ring BT saying they wanted ADSL service put on their phone line to use us as their ISP - BT tell them two weeks. Same customer rings back and says this time they want to go with BT, and gets told 24 hours. At which point said customer gets angry and 'discusses' the situation at high volume with a supervisor.

In fairness I am going back over 6 years, although I've a suspicion things may not have changed too much.

Julian