Re: [LUG] Fwd: UK 'misled' on broadband speeds

On Tue, 2010-07-27 at 11:49 +0100, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> Look harder.
>
> Entanet (via a reseller)
> Zen, PlusNet, AAISP, IDNET, ADSL24 to name a few off the top of my head.

Ok, point taken. I don't look at any Entanet/resellers any longer as
their quota's are too restrictive for me.

> Note that these are all what I'd call "quality" ISPs (well, plusnet's
> debatable being part of BT now), so do expect to pay a little bit more for
> them, but they al offer monthly contracts.

I was on Plusnet for ISDN may moons ago. Before they were bought out
though so has no bearing on todays service.

My parents on BT Total Business package have had a good experience,
replacement router sent out in a heartbeat. Calls to confirm activation
when it was first set up. Calls a week later to confirm service was ok
and no problems etc. All in all I can't fault them from personal
experience. They also have a FUP but it doesn't seem too bad, certainly
not the 30 days in the "sin bin" I could expect on Demon :[

--
John Williams
My linux blog of notes and guides