Re: [LUG] Fwd: UK 'misled' on broadband speeds

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010, Mark Evans wrote:

The phrase 'tell me something I don't know' springs to mind.  The real
question is how many of these identical reports are we going to see
before they actually DO something about this?  In any other industry,
e.g. gas/electric suppliers the company(ies) would have been fined for
misselling their products months, if not years ago.

If these companies sold the same way as broadband gas and water
would be "up to X litres/second" and electricity would be
"up to X watts".

Hate to break it to you, but that's the way it's always been for gas, water and electricity.

Your water pipes will only suply so many lires/minute. Most houses are limited in the current they can draw (and it's 60 amps in newer builds, 100 in older ones), and gas has a finite flow-rate too.

Gordon