Re: [LUG] Fwd: UK 'misled' on broadband speeds

On 27/07/10 01:02, Julian Hall wrote:
'Britons are not getting the broadband services they are being sold,
suggests a government report. Ofcom's analysis of broadband speeds in
the UK shows that, for some services, 97% of consumers do not get the
advertised speed.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10760069

The phrase 'tell me something I don't know' springs to mind. The real
question is how many of these identical reports are we going to see
before they actually DO something about this? In any other industry,
e.g. gas/electric suppliers the company(ies) would have been fined for
misselling their products months, if not years ago.

Julian

Many western European countries do much better than us for their broadband, it seems. Especially France. Why? Simple, their national phone system is not run by a private company with shareholders.

Neil