Re: [LUG] 24 port switch

On Sat, 2010-07-24 at 16:30 +0100, Grant Sewell wrote:

> > > Alex, is there any chance you could turn off HTML e-mails?
> >
> > Every time you send an HTML formatted email, a kitten dies. Honest.
>
> Don't see what the problem is... I've been using for years a mail client
> that strips the HTML and leaves clean text.  Of course, there is the
> option to view the HTML message as HTML, but that's not the default.
>
> Grant.

I was always under the impression that HTML formatted mail to lists was,
generally speaking "not the done thing"

Certainly turning off HTML globally at this end for me (and probably for
others) would make it very problematic in viewing the majority of
mailouts from many companies where there is no text body to the mail.

Like I said before. I can read Alex's email. Its just smaller than I
would personally prefer, nothing more than that.

--
John Williams
My linux blog of notes and guides