[LUG] Traffic Monitor with schedule awareness

My ISP has just decided to implement a FUP, I am borderline for ending
up in trouble with it during "peak" hours.

Does any one know of a traffic monitor that is aware of scheduling and
can either monitor only 8am until midnight, or output two different
stats, peak and off peak usage.

I really would prefer a console solution as I can then script from it
easier.

Previously I was using Vnstat with some custom scripts I wrote to track
the pesky rolling 30day tracking Demon uses. That doesn't have facility
to differentiate schedules though.

Thanks.

--
John Williams